WHY THE JEWISH COMMUNITY FOUNDATION IS YOUR IDEAL PARTNER FOR CHARITABLE GIFT PLANNING AND LEGACY PLANNING ADVICE
For nearly 40 years, the Jewish Community Foundation (JCF) has been helping individuals and families support the important charitable causes that they hold dear. We invite you to consider making the JCF your philanthropic home for the management and stewardship of your Endowment Funds, Donor Advised Funds or funds from your Jewish communal agency, organization or synagogue.
The Jewish Community Foundation is an independent self-governed public charity recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)3 tax-exempt charitable organization. The JCF serves as the central resource for long-term Jewish philanthropy in the Greater Phoenix area. We have earned the trust of our donors, Jewish agencies with whom we partner and from estate and financial planning professionals who work with us to help their clients and our donors achieve their charitable and financial goals. We are proud of our long history of efficient operations and superb financial management. You are welcome to examine our financial condition by reviewing our most recent Federal Tax Return Form 990.
OUR OBJECTIVES• Donor-centered charitable gift planning and advising
• Philanthropic capital formation through the creation of permanent charitable endowments
• Philanthropic asset management
• Grant making and grants management
• Continuing professional education and charitable giving information to financial and estate planning professionals
• Community building through the Jewish Technical Assistance Center’s capacity-building support to Jewish communal agencies, organizations and synagogues
• Participates in regional and national educational programs on tax planned charitable giving and endowments
• Are highly experienced in the creation of endowments and individual legacy plans
• Have expertise in gift planning, grants management, charitable endowment building and nonprofit management
• Are very familiar with current changes in tax laws and IRS rules and regulations that apply to charitable giving
• Maintain expert oversight and administration of hundreds of philanthropic funds
OUR ETHICS AND VALUESThe JCF staff maintains the highest ethical and professional standards by subscribing and adhering to the following:
~ The Donor Bill of Rights
~ Code of Ethical Principles and Standards of Professional Practice
~ Model Standards of Practice for the Charitable Gift Planner
The Jewish Community Foundation is led by dedicated men and women who volunteer their time to serve on the JCF Board of Directors. They help develop policy and ensure the proper management of the Foundation. These community leaders share the vision of the Foundation’s founders who created the JCF to hold and manage the community’s endowments for the benefit of generations to come.
INVESTMENT MANAGEMENTThe JCF Investment Committee is responsible for the management of the JCF portfolio. The committee employs independent expert advisors who assist in developing the Foundation’s overall investment philosophy and guidelines. The advisors also recommend to the committee various fund managers to handle the day-to-day management of the Foundation’s portfolio. The portfolio is well diversified and the assets in our portfolio are allocated 65% to equities and 35% to fixed income. A more detailed asset allocation follows:
(Large Capitalization Growth)
(Large Capitalization Value)
(Small/Mid Capitalization Growth)
(Small/Mid Capitalization Value)
Recent portfolio performance can be seen on the JCF’s Quarterly Investment Performance and Asset Summary.
MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONSThe JCF is proud of its organizational and staff memberships and affiliations with the following organizations:
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Arizona Association of Grantmakers
Association of Fundraising Professionals
Emerging Practitioners in Philanthropy
Jewish Funders Network
National Committee on Planned Giving
Planned Giving Roundtable of Arizona
The Jewish Community Foundation is one of our region’s most honored and trusted philanthropic organizations. Our independence and impartiality makes us ideally suited to offer valuable advice and counsel about ways in which you can help sustain the Jewish organizations you care most about for generations to come. Please contact us to further explore ways in which the JCF can be of assistance to you and your family.